Simon Brown.

Proverbs 8:34-36 Blessed is the man who hears me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at my door posts. For whoever finds me finds life, and will obtain favor from Yahweh. But he who sins against me wrongs his own soul. All those who hate me love death.” Psalm 84: 11 For Yahweh God is a sun and a shield. Yahweh will give grace and glory. He withholds no good thing from those who walk blamelessly. 12 Yahweh of Armies, blessed is the man who trusts in you. 1 John 5:5 Now who is the one overcoming the world, except the one believing that Jesus is the Son of God?

Thursday 3 October 2019

Does GOD share His glory, and prove Jesus is GOD? Isaiah 42:8, John 17:5.

Does GOD share His glory, and prove Jesus is GOD? Isaiah 42:8, John 17:5.


 "I am Yahweh. That is my name. I will not give my glory to another, nor my praise to engraved images.  
Isaiah 42:8 

In short:
Isaiah 42:8 is used by people who believe Jesus is GOD to prove Jesus is GOD, because God says I will not give my glory to another, and because Jesus said in John 17:5 And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed, they then conclude this proves Jesus is the same ONE TRUE GOD.  

However we read in John 17:22 The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one,     

Question?
Are the disciples also GOD, as Jesus SHARED the same glory with the disciples that was given to him by His Father?

Also in Exodus 34:29 Moses face shone so bright being full of the glory of God, so was Moses GOD?    

So I Simon Brown ask WHY do so many people who believe Jesus is GOD, send me Isaiah 42:8 to prove Jesus is GOD?  

These simple facts prove the meaning of GOD saying I will not give my glory to another, is misunderstood, and taken out of context, which is sadly often the case with people who teach and believe Jesus is GOD.
----------------------------
  Comment below from Sir Anthony Buzzard:
Yes, we all know that Christians are going to be glorified and as you well point out vv 22, and 24 Jesus has already promised that future glory, and he promised it even before those to be glorified had been born! Trinitarians stop at nothing to try to wear you out! Not easy. Anthony    www.restorationfellowship.org

No comments:

Post a Comment