Simon Brown.

Proverbs 8:34-36 Blessed is the man who hears me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at my door posts. For whoever finds me finds life, and will obtain favor from Yahweh. But he who sins against me wrongs his own soul. All those who hate me love death.” Psalm 84: 11 For Yahweh God is a sun and a shield. Yahweh will give grace and glory. He withholds no good thing from those who walk blamelessly. 12 Yahweh of Armies, blessed is the man who trusts in you. 1 John 5:5 Now who is the one overcoming the world, except the one believing that Jesus is the Son of God?

Thursday 20 October 2016

Does Matthew 1:23, prove Jesus is THE GOD, as many claim? Research by Simon Brown.

Does Matthew 1:23 prove Jesus is THE GOD, as many claim? Research by Simon Brown.



Matthew 1:23 The Correct Meaning.

Berean Literal Bible
"Behold, the virgin will hold in womb, and will bring forth a son, and they will call His name Immanuel" which is, being translated, "God with us."

MOST of Christianity have become confused and deceived into believing the SON of GOD is  ''Yahweh'' The One True ALMIGHTY GOD of Israel, simply because Matthew 1:23 says: "God with us."

Let me show you how Matthew 1:23 is MISUNDERSTOOD by MILLIONS.

Quick Facts: 

Matthew 1:23 is a quote from Isaiah 7:14 for Jesus as Immanuel who if followed will lead to salvation.

God with us in the end of Matthew 1:23 simply means ''Yahweh'' The One True ALMIGHTY GOD of Israel was with His people by and THROUGH, DWELLING with His SON Jesus.

 Just as Isaiah 8:8: the breadth of your land, O Immanuel.” Just as Isaiah 8:9: for God is with us, which is the same as Matthew 1:23 "God with us."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Full article:

Let me show you how Matthew 1:23 is WRONGLY translated and MISUNDERSTOOD by MILLIONS.



Does Matthew 1:23 prove Jesus is the GOD as many claim? Research by Simon Brown.



English Standard Version

“Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel” (which means, God with us).


Matthew 1:23 Translated By Simon Brown, from the Codex Vaticanus.


The teachings of the Bible do not contradict, unless you are a Trinitarian, who cannot agree with what they believe and clearly contradict the word of GOD, as I will demonstrate.

If and when a contradiction seems to raise its ugly head, as this is often the case, when one does some homework one easily discovers the scripture has been mistranslated, or is a deliberate biased Bible translation corruption, or simply misunderstood or taken out of context, or the scripture is not in the original manuscripts and was added in at a later date by dishonest biased people, just as there is CLEAR evidence this happened in the second and third century by a group of dishonest biased monks leading up to the First Council of Nicaea who were only interested into making and changing the ONE TRUE GOD into His ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, which then continued to develop into a PAGAN TRINITY God.



Please hold my hand and follow me with my research as we carefully EXAMINE Matthew 1:23, and you will make a new discovery.



Here again I will demonstrate and reveal to you how MILLIONS of Christians do NOT examine everything carefully, and who have yet again not followed the example of the Berean Jews who did examine the Scriptures every day to see if what was true. 



English Standard Version

Now these Jews were more noble than those in Thessalonica; they received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so. Acts 17:11.



First.
I started by looking at a good translation of Matthew 1:23, in the English Standard Version
“Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel” (which means, God with us).

Second.
I then decided to check out a BETTER translation of Matthew 1:23, in the Interlinear.
And what I could SEE made my soul JUMP out of my own body.
Matthew 1:23, in the Interlinear.
3588 [e] to τὸ the Art-ANS 3686 [e] onoma ὄνομα name N-ANS 846 [e] autou αὐτοῦ of him PPro-GM3S 1694 [e] Emmanouēl Ἐμμανουήλ  , Immanuel N-AMS 3739 [e] ho ὅ which RelPro-NNS 1510 [e] estin ἐστιν is V-PIA-3S 3177 [e] methermēneuomenon μεθερμηνευόμενον  , translated V-PPM/P-NNS 3326 [e] Meth’ Μεθ’ With Prep 1473 [e] hēmōn ἡμῶν us PPro-G1P 3588 [e] ho -  Art NMS 2316 [e] Theos Θεός  . God N-NMS.

Now please observe this important fact.
Did you notice what I did? There is an important word missing, and it is:
(ὁ, ἡ, τό) (THE)
There is a gap in the translation that should read when added in: with us (THE) GOD.
Strong's Concordance ho, hé, to: the Original Word: ὁ, ἡ, τό
Strong's Concordance
ho, hé, to: the
Original Word: ὁ, ἡ, τό
Part of Speech: Definite Article
Transliteration: ho, hé, to
Phonetic Spelling: (ho)
Short Definition: the
Definition: the, the definite article.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance
Word Origin the def. art.
Definition the
NA

Now.
Lets have a look in the Strong's Concordance for the meaning of Emmanouél?
Emmanouél: "God with us," Immanuel, a name of Christ
Original Word: Ἐμμανουήλ, ὁ
Part of Speech: Proper Noun, Indeclinable
Transliteration: Emmanouél
Phonetic Spelling: (em-man-oo-ale')
Short Definition: Emmanuel
Definition: Emmanuel, a Messianic title derived from Isaiah 7:14 = God with us.

The fact being just on its own, this simple word (THE) can be seen in the original Greek text, (ho), yet it is missing and left out of all the translations which changes (THE) whole context of what this important verse is about.
Lets now compare Matthew 1:23, with a common translation, and then THE Interlinear translation that takes us back to as close as we can get to the Greek.

English Standard Version reads:
“Immanuel” (which means, God with us).
So it sounds like what it looks like, that Jesus is “Immanuel” which means He is God with us, agreed?
This is the way most people understand and interpret the meaning of this verse because of the way it is translated in all the Bibles we hold in our hands and read today.

Now lets examine Matthew 1:23, in the Interlinear translation which reads:
Behold the virgin in womb will hold and will bear a son and they will call the name of him Immanuel which is translated with us (THE) God.
Do you now see what I see? This better translation when (THE) is added in the sentence from the original Greek, I believe is basically saying (THE) God is with us THROUGH Immanuel (Jesus), who is GODS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON.

And as Paul has said that GOD the Father is the only one true GOD: yet for us there is one God, the Father, 1 Corinthians 8:6. 
Then this concludes that (The God with us), is GOD the Father the only one true GOD, NOT Jesus.


Please read THE LORD Is My Rock and My Fortress.
This is about King David who addressed the words of this song to THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY.

Notice how many times King David uses the title THE.
In other words He is addressing THE MOST HIGH GOD.

To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David, the servant of the LORD, who addressed the words of this song to the LORD on the day when the LORD delivered him from the hand of all his enemies, and from the hand of Saul. He said:
1 I love you, O LORD, my strength.
2 The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,
my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
3 I call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised,
and I am saved from my enemies.

4 The cords of death encompassed me;
the torrents of destruction assailed me;
5 the cords of Sheol entangled me;
the snares of death confronted me.

6 In my distress I called upon the LORD;
to my God I cried for help.
From his temple he heard my voice,
and my cry to him reached his ears.

7 Then the earth reeled and rocked;
the foundations also of the mountains trembled
and quaked, because he was angry.
8 Smoke went up from his nostrils,
and devouring fire from his mouth;
glowing coals flamed forth from him.
9 He bowed the heavens and came down;
thick darkness was under his feet.
10 He rode on a cherub and flew;
he came swiftly on the wings of the wind.
11 He made darkness his covering, his canopy around him,
thick clouds dark with water.
12 Out of the brightness before him
hailstones and coals of fire broke through his clouds.

13 The LORD also thundered in the heavens,
and the Most High uttered his voice,
hailstones and coals of fire.
14 And he sent out his arrows and scattered them;
he flashed forth lightnings and routed them.
15 Then the channels of the sea were seen,
and the foundations of the world were laid bare
at your rebuke, O LORD,
at the blast of the breath of your nostrils.

16 He sent from on high, he took me;
he drew me out of many waters.
17 He rescued me from my strong enemy
and from those who hated me,
for they were too mighty for me.
18 They confronted me in the day of my calamity,
but the LORD was my support.
19 He brought me out into a broad place;
he rescued me, because he delighted in me.

20 The LORD dealt with me according to my righteousness;
according to the cleanness of my hands he rewarded me.
21 For I have kept the ways of the LORD,
and have not wickedly departed from my God.
22 For all his rulesc were before me,
and his statutes I did not put away from me.
23 I was blameless before him,
and I kept myself from my guilt.
24 So the LORD has rewarded me according to my righteousness, according to the cleanness of my hands in his sight.

25 With the merciful you show yourself merciful;
with the blameless man you show yourself blameless;
26 with the purified you show yourself pure;
and with the crooked you make yourself seem tortuous.
27 For you save a humble people,
but the haughty eyes you bring down.
28 For it is you who light my lamp;
the LORD my God lightens my darkness.
29 For by you I can run against a troop,
and by my God I can leap over a wall.
30 This God—his way is perfect;d
the word of the LORD proves true;
he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him.

31 For who is God, but the LORD?
And who is a rock, except our God?
32 the God who equipped me with strength
and made my way blameless.
33 He made my feet like the feet of a deer
and set me secure on the heights.
34 He trains my hands for war,
so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
35 You have given me the shield of your salvation,
and your right hand supported me,
and your gentleness made me great.
36 You gave a wide place for my steps under me,
and my feet did not slip.
37 I pursued my enemies and overtook them,
and did not turn back till they were consumed.
38 I thrust them through, so that they were not able to rise;
they fell under my feet.
39 For you equipped me with strength for the battle;
you made those who rise against me sink under me.
40 You made my enemies turn their backs to me,e
and those who hated me I destroyed.
41 They cried for help, but there was none to save;
they cried to the LORD, but he did not answer them.
42 I beat them fine as dust before the wind;
I cast them out like the mire of the streets.

43 You delivered me from strife with the people;
you made me the head of the nations;
people whom I had not known served me.
44 As soon as they heard of me they obeyed me;
foreigners came cringing to me.
45 Foreigners lost heart
and came trembling out of their fortresses.

46 The LORD lives, and blessed be my rock,
and exalted be the God of my salvation—
47 the God who gave me vengeance
and subdued peoples under me,
48 who rescued me from my enemies;
yes, you exalted me above those who rose against me;
you delivered me from the man of violence.

49 For this I will praise you, O LORD, among the nations,
and sing to your name.
50 Great salvation he brings to his king,
and shows steadfast love to his anointed,

to David and his offspring forever.

Now we can see why it is so important to examine everything carefully, and be a Berean.

So what does this all prove.
Matthew 1:23, was simply saying: THE Father ALMIGHTY GOD IS WITH US.
And NOT the massive misunderstanding of Emmanuel (Jesus) being THE GOD ALMIGHTY Himself with us.
BUT that THE GOD ALMIGHTY has revealed himself as present in the world THROUGH and in His SON Jesus the Christ.
Now this is confirmed by what Jesus Himself said to Philip in John 14:9.
Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?
Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works.
There we clearly read Jesus was confirming His Father GOD was in Him.
NOT that He was THE GOD or FATHER GOD Himself, which is so sadly and wrongly taught and believed by most and millions today in most of the churches today.

Jesus NEVER, EVER taught that He Himself was THE GOD, and THE SAME ONE TRUE GOD, but ALWAYS TAUGHT that He was LITERALLY the SON of THE ONE TRUE GOD, and that GOD was always in Him, Just as we are taught by Jesus that God and Jesus live in the born again believer in John 14:23.
Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.

If GOD lives in the born again believer as Jesus taught here, then does that make the born again believer THE GOD?
Jesus taught us God LIVED in Him, so does that mean Jesus is THE GOD, as many believe the case to be?
According to Jesus own teaching in John 17:3, the answer is NO.
Even believers know the born again believer will still always be a SEPARATE person, which never makes them GOD just because GOD lives in them.

Just as Jesus taught here in John 10:18.
Jesus is a SEPARATE PERSON with a SEPARATE will, proving He is SEPARATE from the Father and clearly NOT the FATHER, but ONE in agreement and not in number.
No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father.”

Jesus did NOT CONTRADICT the scriptures and His own teachings, as Trinitarians seem to believe.
We know this by Simply believing what Jesus Himself TAUGHT by making this point very clear in John 17:3, when He said His Father GOD was: THE ONE and ONLY TRUE GOD.
And this is ETERNAL LIFE, that they know you, THE ONLY TRUE GOD, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.

Now if we turn the pages to Isaiah 8:1 – 10. We discover another biblical fact that will hopefully help some of you to understand how Matthew 1:23 has been so misunderstood.

English Standard Version
Isaiah 8:1 – 10.
English Standard Version
The Coming Assyrian Invasion

1 Then the LORD said to me, “Take a large tablet and write on it in common characters,a ‘Belonging to Maher-shalal-hash-baz.’b 2And I will get reliable witnesses, Uriah the priest and Zechariah the son of Jeberechiah, to attest for me.”

3And I went to the prophetess, and she conceived and bore a son. Then the LORD said to me, “Call his name Maher-shalal-hash-baz; 4for before the boy knows how to cry ‘My father’ or ‘My mother,’ the wealth of Damascus and the spoil of Samaria will be carried away before the king of Assyria.”

5 The LORD spoke to me again: 6“ Because this people has refused the waters of Shiloah that flow gently, and rejoice over Rezin and the son of Remaliah, 7 therefore, behold, the Lord is bringing up against them the waters of the River,c mighty and many, the king of Assyria and all his glory. And it will rise over all its channels and go over all its banks, 8 and it will sweep on into Judah, it will overflow and pass on, reaching even to the neck, and its outspread wings will fill the breadth of your land, O Immanuel.”

9 Be broken,d you peoples, and be shattered;e give ear, all you far countries; strap on your armor and be shattered; strap on your armor and be shattered. 10 Take counsel together, but it will come to nothing; speak a word, but it will not stand, for God is with us.

Did you SEE what I SEE in the end of Isaiah 8:8? and its outspread wings will fill the breadth of your land, O Immanuel.”
Did you also read the last four words in Isaiah 8:10? for God is with us.

Now lets put the end of Matthew 1:23 together with the end of Isaiah 8:9.
Matthew 1:23, reads: (which means, ‘THE’ God with us).
Isaiah 8:9, reads: for God is with us.


Matthew 1:23 Translated By Simon Brown, from the Codex Vaticanus.

CONCLUSION.
Matthew 1:23, simply means THE GOD ALMIGHTY was with the people of Israel by and THROUGH, DWELLING IN His SON Jesus.
Just as Isaiah 8:9, for God is with us
Just as Isaiah 8:8, In breadth of your land, O Immanuel.”
And Matthew 1:23, proves the name of  ‘’Immanuel” is symbolic.

As is the whole of Isaiah 7:14, symbolic.
And as the name of Immanuel ONLY occurs in Matthew 1:23, never occurs anywhere else in the New Testament which is never again applied to Jesus, confirms again it was a symbolic meaning of: (THE) GOD IS WITH US.

Just as Jesus always TAUGHT that GOD ALMIGHTY was working THROUGH and DWELLING IN HIM which we can see when He said to: Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father.
I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works.
Just as Jesus taught GOD and Himself live in the born again believer and works THROUGH the born again believers in John 14:23, John 14:12 -14, and John 15:1 – 5.

we will come to him and make our home with him. John 14:23

12 “Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father. 13 Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask mee anything in my name, I will do it. John 14:12 -14.

I Am the True Vine
1 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. 5 I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:1 – 5.
I hope I have helped you to understand, Matthew 1:23, has NOTHING to do with meaning or proving Jesus is THE ONE TRUE GOD.
But what Matthew 1:23, truly means is THE ONE TRUE GOD was with the people of Israel in His ONE TRUE BEGOTTEN SON Jesus.
13 This is how we know that we live in him and he in us: He has given us of his Spirit. 14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. 15 If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God. 16And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. 1 John 4:13 – 15.

Did you notice what St John said in verse 15? If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God.
And did you notice St John DOES NOT SAY: If anyone DOES NOT acknowledge that Jesus is the GOD?
In fact there is NOT a SINGLE scripture saying we MUST BELIEVE and acknowledge that Jesus is THE GOD, or we must believe in the TRINITY.

And LOOK at how I John 4:15, is completely in line and agreement with the scripture below in 1 John 5:5.

Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the
SON of God?
1 John 5:5.

My simple question to people who believe GOD is TWO or THREE, and Jesus is THE GOD or believe in the Trinity as most churches do, is HOW the HELL will they be saved?
As they are clearly NOT believing the countless scriptures teaching we are to believe GOD ALMIGHTY IS ONE and Jesus is TRULY the SON.


Jesus Himself made this very CLEAR with what we must believe, by saying Salvation is based on coming to know THE FATHER GOD, as the ONLY ONE who IS TRUE GOD. John 17:3).

The Biblical facts of John 4:15, 1 John 5:5, and John 17:3, ALONE, proves millions of so called believers wrong, and proves they have been deceived and do not know the TRUE SON of GOD Jesus, and THE ONE TRUE FATHER GOD, which explains why Jesus said the PATH to His Kingdom to come was NARROW.
Jesus was not talking about unbelievers who are not even searching for GOD’S Kingdom to come, as unbelievers do not believe there will be a NEW Kingdom to come.
Jesus was talking about people who believe they are saved, and people who are searching for the NEW Kingdom of GOD, and who confess Him as LORD, who do good deeds and miracles in His name, who clearly do not KNOW the TRUE GOD and TRUE SON, which explains why Jesus said He will sadly say to many: I DO NOT KNOW YOU.

“Strive to enter through the narrow door. For many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able.
 Luke 13:24.

THERE IS STILL TIME.
If you are one of MILLIONS who has been deceived and believe Jesus is THE GOD, there is still good news, you are still here, Jesus has not yet returned, and you still have time to repent as I did, as I was deceived.

Its time for YOU to be set FREE, and believe Jesus is NOT THE ONE AND ONLY TRUE GOD, but believe and know THE ONE TRUE GOD and the TRUE Jesus who TRULY is the SON of THE ONE TRUE GOD and be a WISE VIRGIN and be saved.

I will continue to demonstrate how there are many more scriptures like Matthew 1:23, being a perfect example of how certain Trinitarian scriptures are so misunderstood and taken out of context and used to preach a FALSE Gospel.


When we carefully examine the scriptures as I did by looking at the Interlinear we discover it shows a more sensible, practical, realistic meaning bringing us closer to the truth of THE ONE TRUE GOD, and TRULY THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, Jesus.
I am Simon Brown.
Thank you for taking the time to read my own research, I will now add other people’s research below.


Matthew 1:23
“Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.” (KJV)

Some people believe that because Jesus was to be called “Immanuel” (“God with us”), he must be God incarnate. That is not the case, and for a full explanation of this, see the note on Matthew 1:23. (BELOW).

1. The name can be translated as, “God with us” or “God is with us.” We know that God was with the people in Jesus Christ, and Jesus himself said that if one had seen him, he had seen the Father.
2. The significance of the name is symbolic. God was with us, not literally, but in His Son, as 2 Cor. 5:19 (NASB) indicates: “That God was in Christ, reconciling the world to Himself.” It is important to read exactly what was written: God was in Christ, not God was Christ. Symbolism in names can be seen throughout the Bible. It is not unique to Jesus Christ. Many people were given names that would cause great problems if believed literally. Are we to believe that Elijah was “God Jehovah,” or that Bithiah, a daughter of Pharaoh, was the sister of Jesus because her name is “daughter of Jehovah?” Are we to believe that Dibri, not Jesus, was the “Promise of Jehovah,” or that Eliab was the real Messiah since his name means “My God [is my] father?” Of course not. It would be a great mistake to claim that the meaning of a name proves a literal truth. We know that Jesus’ name is very significant—it communicates the truth that, as the Son of God and as the image of God, God is with us in Jesus, but the name does not make Jesus God. For more on the fact that calling something does not make it that thing, see the notes on Jeremiah 23:6.
Buzzard, p. 135
Farley, pp. 46 and 47
Morgridge, p. 119
Snedeker, pp. 355-359

-----------------------------------------
RELATED LINKS

Isaiah 7:14 Explained Immanuel, God With Us

Immanuel in Isaiah and Matthew

Matthew 1:23 EMMANUEL, GOD WITH US!
Does Matthew 1:23 and Isaiah 7:14 where Jesus is called Emmanuel or Immanuel being interpreted God WITH us mean That Almighty God is a “TRINITY”? http://www.amatteroftruth.com/matthew-1-23-emmanuel---god-with-us


No comments:

Post a Comment